The Silver Jumbo Price Guide
JP Flathead, the creator of the invaluable UltimateDB, shared with the EA Forums his current silver jumbo sell price guide (prices for XBOX as of 22/02/2012)
Here’s my recipe:
regular contracts 300-350
shiny contracts 450-550
player training all 300-350
goalie training all 250-300
other training 100-150
team morale 400-500
player morale 100-150
team fitness 1800-2200
player fitness 250-300
coloured balls 600-700
regular staff 250-300
heal all 950-1000
heal others 900-950
I start most players around 250-300 and drop them in price if they don’t sell. BPL silvers and shinies are all special cased based on my site. I usually start a few hundred above the price there.
Updated 07/03/2012: It also reminds me of an omission in my guide: Silver Pace cards sell for 350-400
Incredibly informative guide to making coins – simple and succinct. While the average sell prices of these cards are freely available at UltimateDB.nl it is helpful to understand how one can use UltimateDB information to make coins.
I’ve been using a similar pack opening strategy for the past few weeks with a few more conservative tweaks:
- Most of his sell prices are a little on the high side which means it may take you several attempts before a card sells at that range
- Wow at coloured balls prices – didn’t know that they sell at that price
- Wow at heal others prices – I was selling these much too cheap (400-450)
- Don’t forget to check how much kits are worth – there are many silver kits worth in excess of 2,000 coins
Update: A few more tips for silver jumbos
- During silver tourneys, demand for silver players skyrockets and thus prices increase
- During the January transfer update, certain players may be transferred out of their respective club, making them less or more valuable for team building depending on which club/league they join – most famously, Marlos (74 rated Brazilian Sao Paulo striker) was transferred to a club not in FIFA 12. With Marlos no longer available in packs, his price soared from 70K to over 400-500K before settling down at a touch under 200K (on XBOX)
- Shiny Silver Head Coaches (Dribbling, Defending, Passing, Shooting, Pace and Heading) all sell from 1-3K
Either way, Silver Jumbos are definitely able to breakeven if not make a profit.
The Ultimate App
One tool that has helped me tremendously is JP’s Ultimate App for the iPhone. Before using the app, I would discard crap consumables (under 200 coins) as they would rarely sell, thus clogging up valuable trade pile slots. With the app, I can re-list frequently and adjust prices on-the-go, saving time and helping me make a profit.
Do note, the app costs $USD 2.99, but I feel it is a definite investment for any serious UT player, particularly since the UT webapp is flash based and doesn’t really work on iPhone/iPad.
The Ultimate App has saved me from UT withdrawal when I’m not on the console or on the webapp, particularly when your significant other forces you to accompany her shopping :)